The articles are those products or services that we commercialize or that we acquire for the internal operation of the company. It is very important to maintain a solid structure of articles in the database to maximize the efficiency of your business.
Before registering articles you have to take into account in which family you will be. It is very important to maintain consistency in the structure, so be clear about the families and groups in your database before registering articles.
We also recommend keeping a well-structured number (Code) that allows you to maintain consistency and order. Therefore, although the program will automatically suggest a code, we recommend following the following structure:
Proposed coding: Article 00000012003 -> The «1» informs you that it is an item from Group 1, the «12» which is from Family 12. Finally, the «003» is the article number. In this way you can maintain an organized and organized database with an optimal numbering.
To access the article file you have to click on the tab «Artículos» and we are in the articles tab. In the upper part of the file it shows the product code as well as the description (of internal character, the client will not observe this field) and the text to be printed (externally, it is the text that will be printed on the ticket / invoice selling).
Pestañas de la Ficha «Artículos»
– Pestaña «General»
- Family: Select the family to which the article will belong. Remember that you can select it by entering the family's internal code or searching for the family by clicking on the icon "Magnifying glass"
- Group: At an informative level, it shows the group to which it will belong.
- Location: If you work with different stores, here you will select in which the article will be found.
- Net and average cost: The cost of the article, the net will be that of the last item purchased and the means will be calculated according to the whole historical series.
- Rates: Ategest supports multiple rates for the same product. To set the price you can do it manually (Double click on the PVP column) or automatically according to the purchase price (Double click on the margin column).
- Type of article: Ategest allows you to classify all articles according to their type. It is very important to make a correct classification of the articles to facilitate the daily work as well as obtain a more reliable valuation of your stock.
- Mixed Article: Are those items that your business buys from a wholesaler and sells it to the end customer without making significant changes in it. For example, a can of soda.
- PLU. Elaborated: All the articles that require an internal elaboration in your business. For example, when selling a salad, various ingredients are bought and later transformed into a salad.
- Warehouse:Within the articles of the type "warehouse" are all those items that are acquired for the operation of the business and are not sold directly to the final consumer. This can be utensils and cleaning material, uniform ... we also find the ingredients of the products produced. For example, if a salad is a Elaborated PLU, the tomato, the lettuce and the onion will be warehouse items.
- Service: The service type articles are those in which the product that is marketed is not storable since it is the provision of a service. It is important to identify them since in this way, the services will not increase the valuation of the stock.
- Discontinued: All those items that are no longer sold are marked as discontinued, in this way you will keep the sales history of your items but will not bother you when billing (they do not appear on the POS).
- Task, free text and Incidence:They are types of articles for internal use and that, in principle, for the user of the Autonomous Retail POS are not useful.
- Tax:Here you will define the tax rate of the article. You only have to select the type that will be charged to said product.
- Bulk: For all those items that are sold in bulk, the price for an amount must be determined. This amount can be determined by various parameters, either by weight, volume, units ...
– Pestaña «Componentes»
The component tab allows us to make a pack of our products. This means that the product we sell can be made up of several items.
This is of vital importance to maintain a correct management of the stock, since we want to cancel the products that have been commercialized. We are going to see a practical case to show a correct management of the sales of packs.
Case study: Sales of packs.
Nos encontramos ante el caso de una tienda que desea dar de alta el artículo «let's go to the beach» que se compone de una camiseta, un bañador y un toalla.
- Damos de alta los artículos «Camiseta», «Bañador» y «Toalla», all of them kind «Almacén» and we put the price per unit.
- We create the article «Vámonos a la playa». Your type is going to be «Artículo mixto» since it is a product that we buy made.
- Vamos a la pestaña «Componentes» and we add the articles.
- The pack is already made! Once we save the changes, each time a sale of a pack is made, the quantities of the components that form it will be discharged.
– Pestaña «Almacenes»
In this tab you can enter new warehouses, at the same time regularize and post the stock of the product in question in the different warehouses.
– Pestaña «Movimientos»
In this tab we find the transfers that the company will make between the different existing warehouses. You can make inquiries about the movements for a certain period of time. To do so, select the dates in which we want to perform the query in the lower part of the screen.
– Pestaña «Históricode Stocks»
In the tab «Histórico de stocks» we can see the transfers that have been made between the different stores indicating the units accumulated in each warehouse. We can adjust the search by entering the warehouse as the period we want to make the query. For this we will have to select warehouse and dates in the lower pate of the screen.
– Pestaña «Códigos externos»
The external codes allow you to share the coding of the articles with those of your suppliers, thus facilitating you to find these items when you receive the purchase invoices.
You can also add the EAN of the article as an external code (highly recommended in the case of using a scanner) and thus improve efficiency in the billing process.
Para añadir códigos externos únicamente has de introducirte en la pestaña «External Codes» y añadir tantas filas como códigos quieras añadir. Si quieres asociar el código a un proveedor en particular has de haberlo creado previamente en la sección proveedores (Subsequent chapters of the manual).
– Pestaña «Campos Adicionales»
If you want to add any comments to the article, do not hesitate to do so in the tab «Campos adicionales». These observations will be internal and will help you identify items or add information about the article that may be useful for your team.
– Pestaña «Imagen»
In this tab, the images of the products will be modified and managed. Before entering the methodology, it must be explained why we want to have the images of the articles.
If you wish to add buttons with images for items or families in your billing interface, you must first add these images to be able to enter them in the button.
If you hire a service like MiTiendaOnline, if you want to show images of the items you have for sale, these will be collected from the image you have identified the item. So remember, if you want to offer a good impression to your users ... do not hesitate to put attractive images and describe the article correctly.
To perform the maintenance of images we must enter the images we want: To register the photos, we must first include them in the Ategest database. For this we have to access the menu «Mantenimiento de imágenes» y le damos a «Nuevo».
Para añadir las imágenes, hacer click en «change image» y nos saldrá un navegador a través del cual podremos añadir la foto que queramos subir.
Once we have entered all the images in the Ategest database, we have to link the image to the article. For this, we can filter the images by their description. (In the example, we look for «Pantalones vaqueros») and we select the image that we want to show. Finally, we give the button «Enviar» and the image is already linked to the article.
In this way we can manage all the images in our database. First we register them quickly and easily and then link it to the items we want.
– Pestaña «Vínculos»
The links tab allows us the option of associating products that in principle could be sold separately, but that some customers would like to request jointly.
This allows us to take good management of the company, by deregistering directly the products that are linked from the stock.
Now we will see a practical link case:
We are faced with the possibility of a bar that wants to sell a combination of rum and soda, whatever it may be.
- We register the articles «Ron», «Coca-Cola», «Seven-Up», «Agua» Y «Hielo».?
- Once all the soft drinks and ice are registered, we sign up the Selection Group «Refrescos» in which we group all the soft drinks and the Selection Group «Hielo» where we will put the ice.
- Now we go to the article «Ron» and click on the tab «Vínculos». In «Descripción»we will select Soft Drinks and Ice, in «Unidades» we will put the units of soft drinks and ice that will be sold with the combined, in «Orden» We will select in what order we want to be asked by the group that is going to be linked (for example: first we will ask what soda we are going to put in the combined one and then we will be asked if the combined will be ice).
- Luego, en «Permitir saltar» we will select that the choice of ice, for example, can be skipped without having to answer and in «Tipo de tarifa» We select the price that is going to be placed depending on the soft drink that the combination is linked to, I feel rate 0 in case of not wanting to charge the refreshment, PVP1 if you want to charge the price associated with the refreshment.
- Finally, click on «Finalizar» so that the link is saved. From now on, every time we sell the combination we will leave the multiple options in which we can serve the combined and will reduce the units in the inventory.
– Pestaña «Histórico de Precios»
In «Histórico de precios» we will get the information referred to the prices of the item, both the different purchases made to our suppliers and the sales made to our customers.