The articles are those products or services that we commercialize or that we acquire for the internal operation of the company. It is very important to maintain a solid structure of articles in the database to maximize the efficiency of your business.
Before registering articles, you must take into account what family you will be in. It is very important to maintain consistency in the structure, so be clear about the families and groups in your database before registering articles.
It is also recommended to keep a well-structured number (Code) that allows you to maintain consistency and order. Therefore, although the program will automatically suggest a code, we recommend following the following structure:
Proposed coding: Article 00000012003 -> The "1" informs you that it is an article of the Group 1, the "12" that is of the Family 12. Finally the "003" is the article number. In this way you can maintain an organized and organized database with an optimal numbering.
To access the article file you have to click on the tab "Articles". In the upper part of the file we are shown the product code, as well as the description (internal character, the client will not see this field) and the text to print (external character, is the text that will be printed on the ticket / sales invoice).
It is the main tab of the article and it will be responsible for modifying parameters such as the price, cost, family and group to which the article belongs:
- Family: Select the family to which the article will belong. Remember that you can select it by entering the internal code of the family or searching for the family by clicking on the icon "Magnifying glass".
- Group: At an informative level, it shows you the group to which it will belong.
- Location: If you work with different stores, here you will select in which the article will be found.
- Net and average cost: The cost of the article, the net will be that of the last item purchased and the means will be calculated according to the whole historical series.
- Rates: Ategest supports multiple rates for the same product. To set the price you can do it manually (double click on the column «PVP») or automatically according to the purchase price (double click on the column "Margin").
In the properties tab you can modify three characteristics of the article: its type, the tax with which it will be charged and, in the case of an article that is sold in bulk, define its weight.
- Type of article: Ategest allows you to classify all articles according to their type. It is very important to make a correct classification of the articles to facilitate the daily work, as well as obtain a more reliable valuation of your stock.
- Mixed Article: are those items that you buy from a wholesaler and then sell to the end customer without making significant changes to it. For example, a can of soda.
- PLU. Elaborated: All the articles that require an internal elaboration in your business. For example, when selling a salad, various ingredients are bought and later transformed into a salad.
- Warehouse: Within the articles of the "Warehouse" type are all those items that are acquired for the operation of the business and are not sold directly to the final consumer. This can be utensils and cleaning material, uniform ... We also find the ingredients of the products made. For example, if a salad is a Elaborated PLU, the tomato, the lettuce and the onion will be warehouse items.
- Service: "Service" items are those in which the product that is marketed is not storable, since it is the provision of a service. It is important to identify them since in this way, the services will not increase the valuation of the stock.
- Discontinued: All those items that are no longer marketed are marked as discontinued, in this way you will continue to maintain the sales history of your items but it will not bother you when billing (they do not appear on the POS).
- Task, free text and Advocacy: They are types of articles for internal use and that, in principle, for the user of the Autonomous POS are not useful.
- Tax: Here you will define the tax rate of the article. You only have to select the type that will be charged to said product.
- Bulk: For all those items that are sold in bulk you have to determine the price for a quantity. This amount can be determined by various parameters, either by weight, volume, units ...
In this tab you can regularize and post the stock of the product in question. The stock can be managed manually in this tab or by purchase invoices where the purchases in the stock will be given and high. All the stock management of your products will be studied in depth in the chapter "Inventory management".
The component tab allows us to make a scan of our products. This means that the product we sell can be made up of several ingredients or different raw materials. It can also be used to sell product packs without having to register each one.
This is of vital importance to maintain a correct management of the stock since we want to cancel the products that have been commercialized. We are going to see a practical case to show a correct management of the scandal.
Case study: Scan of an elaborated product:
We are dealing with the case of a restaurant that wants to register the article «Mixed Salad», which consists of 100g of lettuce, 50g of onion and 2 tomatoes.
We register the articles "Lettuce tomato" Y "Onion", all of them kind "Warehouse" and we put on the lettuce and onion the price per kilogram, and as we buy tomatoes per unit, we put the tomato price per unit.
We create the article "Mixed salad". Your type is going to be «Elaborated PLU» since it is a product that we do not buy made but that we elaborate it in the business.
In our business we carry out a "Mixed salad" and we calculate the approximate weight of the ingredients we use and write it down.
Let's go to the tab «Components» and we add the ingredients. Note that in quantities we have put the corresponding grams of lettuce and onion, and that in the case of tomatoes we have added the units.
The scandal is already done! Once we save the changes, each time a sale of a salad is made, the quantities of the ingredients that form it will be written off.
Tab "External Codes"
The external codes allow you to share the coding of the articles with those of your suppliers, thus facilitating you to find these articles when you receive the purchase invoices.
You can also add the EAN of the article as an external code (highly recommended in the case of using a scanner) and thus improve efficiency in the billing process.
To add external codes you only have to enter in the tab «External Codes» and add as many rows as codes you want to add. If you want to associate the code with a particular provider, you must have previously created it in the originators section (Later chapters of the manual).
If you want to add any comments to the article, you only have to add it in the tab "Observations". These observations will be internal and will help you identify items or add information about the article that may be of use to your team.
In the case of having contracted MiTiendaOnline or MyOrder, the observations field will be shown to the public in the article's file, being useful to add information and more precise descriptions of it.
In this tab, the images of the products will be modified and managed. Before entering the methodology, it is necessary to explain why we want to have the images of the articles.
If you wish to add buttons with images for items or families in your billing interface, you must first add these images to be able to enter them in the button.
If you hire a service like MyOrder or MiTiendaOnline, if you want to show images of the items you have for sale these will be collected from the image you have identified to the article. So remember, if you want to offer a good impression to your users ... do not hesitate to put attractive images and describe the article correctly.
To perform the maintenance of images we must enter the images we want: To register the photos, we must first include them in the Ategest database. For this we have to access the menu «Image maintenance» and we give to "New".
To add the images click on "Change image" and we will get a browser through which we can add the photo we want to upload.
Once we have entered all the images in the Ategest database we have to link the image to the article. To do this, in the same tab "Image" we give the button «Search Image». Once inside, we can filter the images by their description (in the example we look for «Clams») and we select the image that we want to show. Finally, we give the button "Submit" and the image is already linked to the article.
In this way we can manage all the images in our database. First we register them quickly and easily and then link it to the items we want.
The "Links" tab allows us the option of associating products that could initially be sold separately, but that some customers would like to order together.
This allows us to take a good management of the company, by canceling directly the products that are linked to the stock.
Now we will see a practical link case:
We are faced with the possibility of a bar that wants to sell a combination of rum and soda, whatever it may be.
We register the articles «Ron», «Coca-Cola», «Seven-up», «Water» and «Ice». Once all the soft drinks and ice are registered, we set up the "Refrescos" selection group, in which we group all the soft drinks and the "Ice" selection group, where we will put the ice.
Now we go to the article «Ron» and click on the tab "Links". In description we will select Refreshments and Ice, in Units we will put the units of soft drinks and ice that will be sold with the combination. In order we will select in what order we want to be asked by the group that is going to be linked (for example: first we will ask what refreshments we are going to put in the combination and then we will be asked if the combination will have ice).
Then, in "Allow Jump", we select whether we want the ice choice, for example, to be skipped without having to answer; and in «Type of Rate» we select the price that is going to be placed depending on the soft drink that the combined one has, being rate 0 in case of not wanting to charge you the refreshment or PVP1 if you want to charge the price associated with the refreshment.
Finally, click on "Finish" to keep the link saved. From now on, every time we sell the combination we will leave the multiple options in which we can serve the combined and will reduce the units in the inventory.